||3 years ago|
|docs||3 years ago|
|kernel||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||4 years ago|
|AUTHORS||3 years ago|
|LICENSE.md||3 years ago|
|Makefile||3 years ago|
|Makevars.mk||3 years ago|
|README.md||3 years ago|
|config.txt||3 years ago|
Operating System for ARMv8 (aarch64) Architecture
Löwe OS is being developed to be a lightweight desktop operating system for ARM-based computers, tablets, mobile phones etc. Here are some concepts behind it:
- The OS is free with open source codes, distributed under terms of CC BY-ND 4.0.
- The OS will have POSIX-compliant API.
- The OS will include graphical system, shell and generic utilities as a part of it, being designed to work as a solid product.
- The OS will respect user's privacy and will not track his/her actions and data.
- The OS will stive to be secure and robust.
Early development is going for Raspberry PI3 board and its emulation using QEMU.
To compile Löwe OS run
make from repository root, make sure
Clang compiler is installed on your system.
Output files will be stored inside newly created
To run Löwe OS on QEMU, execute
make run command for the repository root.
To run Löwe OS on Raspberry PI3, follow these steps:
- Compile project and copy
config.txtfiles to Micro SD card
- Make sure latest
start.elffiles are copied to the SD card
- Insert SD card into your Raspberry PI3 and power it up
If you have
gdb-multiarch and QEMU installed, then debugging should be as
- Generic kernel features: Loadable Kernel file UART logging Memory pages avalability bitmap Interrupt vectors table Basic task scheduler Context switching MMU and entering user level
- Input/output: Graphical driver USB driver Keyboard input driver Mouse input driver
- Graphical system
- Shell and utilities
- Sound system